Volunteering and Civic Life in Arizona
“The best chance we have to fully meet needs and effectively address community issues is through collaboration and collective action.”
*Arizona Today and in the Future
- Consider what you have to give and why; what skills to do you have to share?
- Find activities in which to engage that you will find meaningful; consider participating in short-term volunteer projects, joining up for the long haul or something in between.
- Identify local volunteer opportunities/worthy organizations of interest to you – talk with friends, scan the newspaper, search online
- Be clear about expectations and commitment
- Start small; provide immediate service and get to know the organization
- Be persistent. The energy you bring will determine the quality of your experience!
- Have fun!